Sometimes there are days you just got to make a small pizza for one, and there’s no recipe to be found for it.
An easy recipe to multiply if you want to make for more than one small serving.
80 g (½ cup) flour
3 tablespoons warm water
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 small clove garlic
6 thin slices of red onion
6 thin slices of bell pepper
6 thin slices of courgette (zuchinni)
2 teaspoons oregano, divided
3-4 tablespoons cashew cheese, or regular grated cheese
A handful of rocket (arugula) or other greens
30 g (4 tablespoons) cashew nuts
1½ tablespoons water
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small pre-heated (soup) bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar with the warm water and wait until it starts to bubble, about five minutes
- With a wooden spoon, add half the flour and mix in well, then stir in the oil and the remaining flour little by little, until it forms a small ball. If it is still sticky, add a teaspoon of flour at a time. Brush a little olive oil over the surface of the dough to prevent it from drying out. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about thirty-forty minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and mince the garlic, and peel and thin-slice the red onion.
- Deseed and thin-slice the bell pepper. Thin-slice the courgette.
Mix the tomato paste with 2 teaspoons of water, garlic, and half the oregano.
- To make the cashew cheese, blend the cashew nuts, water, nutritional yeast, and olive oil in a food processor until smooth.
- Transfer the dough onto a floured surface, and knead until it feels elastic. Form a small bowl, then with a rolling pin, roll the dough into an 18 cm / 8˝ round.
- Oil a small round baking tray, sprinkle with a little cornmeal and place the pizza round on the tray. Brush with oil then spread the tomato paste across the base.
- Sprinkle the vegetables and olives evenly across the pizza.
- Dot with the cashew topping, or sprinkle with grated cheese. Sprinkle with the remaining oregano.
- Bake in a hot oven on the lowest rack at 240 °C (450 °F) for about twenty minutes. Garnish with the rocket before serving.