Baked sweet potatoes are amazing. The combination of the oil and natural sugars give a wonderful caramelized texture and taste. Try them alongside Rosemary Red lentils or other with other recipes instead of rice or potatoes. Plus they are full of happy minerals and vitamins.
1¼ kilos (3 pounds) sweet potatoes
4 tablespoons olive oil
- Scrub the sweet potatoes and remove any eyes with a small knife.
- Oil a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 200 °C (425 °F)
- Cut into thick slices and lay flat on the baking sheet.
- Brush the top generously with olive oil.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a skewer slides easily through the center of the largest pieces. They should be tender and the underside of the sweet potatoes caramelized.