A no-brainer fruit salad – but the trick is in slicing the oranges perfectly!
8-10 Medjool dates
- Peel the oranges using a small, sharp knife. First cut the top and bottom from the oranges and place firmly on a dedicated cutting board (in other words make sure it doesn’t smell of onions and garlic!)
- Starting at the top of the orange, place the blade of the knife just under the white of the rind and slice downward, removing the peel and pithy layer. Rotate the orange and repeat until the orange is peeled.
- Slice the oranges into wedges by cutting them first into half then each half into four or six equal wedges; aim the knife towards the epicenter of the orange rather than straight down. The cut wedges should resemble orange segments.
- Deseed the dates and cut into halves. Combine with the oranges.
- Serve with toasted coconut and cinnamon sprinkled on top.